Made the MOST AMAZING soup last night. Potato Soup. It was easy, quick and so delicious that I’m hoping my husband will forget his lunch today so I get more of it!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk, or more, as needed
- 5 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and green onions.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper, to taste. If the soup is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onion, cheese and bacon, if desired.
The rest of the weekend was spent doing laundry and catching up from our trip. Everyone is STILL sick so we spent our time cuddling and eating good foods and of course watching football.
Have a great Monday!