I found this recipe on Pinterest but I took some short cuts to make it easy. After all, moms ain’t got time for that!
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast (I grabbed a Rotisserie chicken)
- 2 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup basil pesto (grabbed a container at Safeway)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups marinara sauce, divided (grabbed a jar of Marinara)
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook lasagna according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the béchamel, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in the flour until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread 1/2 cup béchamel in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, ricotta, pesto, 1 cup mozzarella, salt and pepper, to taste. Lay the noodles flat and spread 1/3 cup ricotta mixture evenly along each noodle. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish; repeat with remaining noodles and filling. Top with remaining béchamel and 1 cup marinara and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lasagna rolls are heated through and the cheese is beginning to brown.
- Serve immediately on a bed of marinara and garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
It was so quick and easy. Great for company since its a beautiful presentation.